Customer Service Assistant
This position is responsible for providing services and assistance to the customers, ensuring that customers’ expectation are met.
Responsible for selling fuel, lubricants and other automotive products and provide services such as fueling, cleaning, lubricating and performing minor checks to customers motor vehicles.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- Comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Guide and direct customers to the convenient and free pump to provide easy and fast service to customer
- At the end of each shift, the pump attendant checks that the money taken tallies with the sales recorded.
- This is done by reading a meter on each pump or the forecourt console and comparing the readings to the ones taken at the start of the shift.
- Offer any promotional vouchers / Materials to customers (for things like gifts and discounts)
- Implement safety and security requirements. Fuel is highly flammable so strict safety rules must be followed.
- Put sand on to petrol that has been spilt.
- Provide security of money on the premises and can be involved in cashing up at the end of the shift.
- Balancing and handing over to the manager
- Filling fuel tanks and containers to level specified by customer
- Undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- Checking and replenishing air pressure in vehicle tires, oil and other vehicle fluid levels
- Cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveways, fore court and other facilities / equipment
- Washing vehicle windscreens and windows
- Collecting payments from customers for purchases
- Write receipts on customers request after payments is made
- Any other duty assigned by bosses
- O’ Level Certificate
- National Identity Card (ID)
- Letter from your Local Council (LC)
- Photocopy of National ID for your Next of Kin / referee
- O’ Level Certificate
|Functional Skills:||Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:|
|a). Honest and reliable|
c). Polite, pleasant and helpful to customers
d). Good customer service skills
e). The ability to work without supervision.
f). Good math and cash handling skills.
g). An understanding of health and safety.
|a). Excellent oral and written communication|
b). Time management skills.
c). Ethics and integrity.
d). Customer service and orientation skills
e). Team working skills